Buying a home represents the single biggest investment of your life. As such, the home buying process can be one of the most exciting experiences you will ever go through. However sometimes it may seem stressful and complex, so let us simplify this for you. If you’re not sure how much you can afford or what to do to get to get started, contact one of our American Heritage Realty real estate professionals to help guide you through the home buying process. We will work with you following our Home Buying steps for success!
1. Consult with a real estate professional Helps you determine how much you can afford, what your options are, and provides you with information about current market conditions.
2. Getting Pre-Approved A mortgage pre-approval will help in determining how much money you can borrow for the purchase of your new home. Having a Pre-Approval letter will strengthen your position when preparing to submit an offer on a home!
3. Finding the home Assessing your needs, lifestyle, and putting together a wish list for your new home. We will include your “must-haves”, and set up a property tracker to alert you of a new listing meeting your specifications.
4. Preparing and Submitting Your Offer Making an offer is more than just picking a price. We will review and analyze comparable properties that have recently sold in the neighborhood so we can develop a strategy when preparing an offer including price, and other terms to include.
5. Negotiating the offer Once the offer has been submitted we will work with you in the negotiations. For example, we will assist and guide you through the process of negotiating repairs and improvements based on your review of the home inspection and other reports.
6. Processing and finalizing the loan Now that we have reached an agreement and received the seller’s approval, we will work to obtain the lenders final approval. Having the final approval means that all the conditions on the loan have been removed.
7. Closing on your new home Just before our closing, we will schedule and make one final inspection of the property to ensure that home is in the condition that you expect. We will coordinate, schedule, and attend closing with you. While the process of buying a home can be a stressful experience, working with the right real estate professional can make all the difference. Contact us today to start talking to one of our experts and begin the search for the house of your dreams.